|PROGRAM LENGTH||SCHEDULE OPTIONS|
|40 Weeks (FT Day)|
60 Weeks (FT Evenings)
Up to 80 Weeks (PT Day or Evening)
|Full-time Day & Evening|
Part-time Day & Evening
Take your place at the forefront of healthcare as a medical assistant!
As medical offices transform to a more team-based approach to patient care, comprehensive medical assistants are filling expanded and enhanced roles. A multitasker who plays a vital role in the patient-focused industry of healthcare, a comprehensive medical assistant helps doctors with clinical procedures, medical records, administrative duties and more.
Florida Academy’s Comprehensive Medical Assisting program is designed to prepare students for a rewarding comprehensive medical assisting career. Students will develop the necessary skills to perform the many responsibilities the job demands:
- Welcoming patients
- Performing routine medical procedures
- Overseeing medical records
- Setting appointments
- Communicating with patients and healthcare providers
The 61-credit hour Florida Academy Comprehensive Medical Assistant program includes a mix of classroom instruction taught by industry professionals, hands-on practice and an externship working with real patients. Once students graduate from medical assistant training, they will have the skills required to work alongside doctors and nurses in these facilities and more:
- Private practice
- Outpatient clinics
- Nursing homes
In addition, they’ll be informed about the legal and ethical principles associated with their very important healthcare position.
In the U.S., baby boomers are rapidly aging and will need more and more preventive medical services. Additional comprehensive medical assistants will be needed to provide quality care to the surge of patients, and their versatility in both clinical and administrative duties is increasingly important to the growing healthcare industry. A comprehensive medical assistant wears many hats:
- First point of contact for patients who come to the medical office for treatment
- Clinician who can perform routine medical procedures, such as collecting fluid samples, taking vital signs, administering injections and drawing blood
- Administrative assistant who might be asked to liaise between the doctor’s office and the insurance company, schedule hospital admissions and lab services, oversee patients’ medical records and handle correspondence
- Educator who can talk to patients about their medications and nutritional needs and research home care options, physical therapy facilities and where to obtain medical equipment for home use
- Communicator who is adept and diplomatic when it comes to dealing with other healthcare professionals, patients and insurance companies
- Counselor who can help patients going through rough times by showing compassion and empathy
Graduates from the accredited Comprehensive Medical Assisting program in Florida at Florida Academy receive a Comprehensive Medical Assisting diploma and will be eligible to take the national certification exam through the American Medical Technologists (AMT) association. Upon passing, they receive the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification.
Graduates will have access to the skills and tools they need to be at the forefront of patient care as soon as they graduate from Florida Academy. From there, the door is open to countless opportunities for a rewarding career.
The Florida Academy Comprehensive Medical Assisting program prepares students for a viable medical assisting career. The clinical and administrative skills that students learn provide a strong foundation as part of a professional healthcare team. The 61-credit hour program, which includes hands-on clinical training and a real-world externship working with patients, is offered as a full-time or part-time day program. Students who opt for the full-time program can be on their way to an exciting medical assisting career in just 10 months.
The Florida Academy Comprehensive Medical Assistant program includes a mix of coursework that teaches clinical and administrative skills, including:
• College Success Skills
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Medical Terminology
• Medical Math and Pharmacology
• Medical Billing & Insurance Procedures
• Medical Records Management
• Medical Administrative Procedures
• Clinical Procedures
• Laboratory Procedures
• Healthcare Law & Ethics
• Medical Assistant Certification Review
Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Is Career Training Right for You? Find Out!
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Get Your Florida Academy Career Training Readiness score now »